Guidelines for Writers
*Please read before submitting your sample in the form below.
Submit your manuscript in Microsoft Word, Times New Roman 12 pt. font. Make sure your name is on each page and the pages are numbered. Word count depends on the genre. Consider somewhere between 500 – 3,000 words a good place to start. Children’s picture books are obviously different. Once your idea becomes a viable option, Crystal Publishing will offer you a contract.
If you are writing non-fiction, we expect you to check all facts and to submit documentation if necessary. Crystal Publishing is not responsible for faulty facts or plagiarized material.
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind:
• We don’t accept or respond to queries via snail mail, phone, or fax. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We don’t buy newspaper clippings.
• We don’t buy reprints of articles previously published in other writing magazines.
• We feature one author a month. That author must agree to set up a Q&A with the readers and submit an author profile: 800–2,000 words that has a strong, unique angle of interest to writers. Depending upon logistics, author interviews and signings at bookstores can be arranged.
• We will add your book to our list of recommended new readings and make it available for sell through many different modes.
• Children have vivid imaginations and are capable of exploring many different worlds with equal interest. The key to preserving creativity and a love for all things and all people is encouraging READING.
If you do wish you submit an official query letter, please reference this Style Guide.